Free Vayne Guide Season 6
Free Mini Vayne Guide by LoLBoost.net
Vayne - your Final Hour is here
Greetings Summoners, welcome to a special edition of the articles posted around here - a mini Vayne Guide focused solely on teaching you about one champion - Vayne, the eternal enemy of any tank in the game. I will tell you everything what you need to know, soo buckle up, grab some popcorn and enjoy the read!
Vayne is a hyper ADC, who has a max health % true damage passive, a small dash incorporated with an AA modifier and stealth while under the effect of her ultimate. She has a high skill cap and is very rewarding to play, espcially considering the fact that a good Vayne who can position herself properly in teamfights can completely crush the enemy team and turn the tides in her team's favour. All her kit comes with a price, a low range, which during laning phase hurts a lot, especially due to the abundance of high wave-clear ADCs or high-range ADCs which can punish Vayne during laning phase pretty easily untill level 6, where she starts becoming an expert duelist.
As a general guide, I'll tell you about what you need to focus on during pre-game regarding runes/masteries and build-path. Let's begin with runes, you need to get as much early defensives early as you can ( 9 yellow with armor, 9 blue with flat magic resist ), as for red runes ( 9 AD ) and quints ( 3 Attack speed ), these are the most optimal runes and is the best rune page for beginner Vayne's. Afterwards, you can tweak it as much as you want. For masteries, I recommend going 18/12/0, focusing on attack speed/lifesteal ( feast/warlords/dangerous game ). As for the build path, it's quite tricky, but I'll try to do a general guide, which means that this is a general item build which you can use every game, but adapting it is encouraged.
Item build path:
1) Start with a standard Doran's Blade & Health potion;
2) Focus on getting a Blade of the Ruined King or Youmuu's Ghostblade as a first core item;
a) BoTRK - Much like an atomic bomb, this item has many layers that interact in a lot of different and beneficial ways:
25 attack damage
10% life steal
40% attack speed
Your attacks deal an additional 6% of the targets current health in physical damage.- This is current health, not total! If they have 500 life in total but are currently at 100 life this passive will deal 6 damage, not 30.
Activate: Steal 10% of the targets max health and 25% of their movement speed.
b) Youmuu's Ghostblade - huge ammount of attack damage, armor penetration and a great active, which combined with your ultimate early on makes you an unstopable demi-god. Don't over value the attack speed boost. While this item is really strong as a damage boost, staying alive always takes priority. Death kills people, and squishy Vayne is especially prone to death by dying. Redundancy aside, Youmuu's speed enhancement can get you out of situations that you would have certainly died in without it.
3) Second item, after completing Berserker's should be Statik's Shiv or Phantom Dancer;
a) Statik's Shiv - more focused on mid game, grants some decent waveclear which would help your team if you have none + has some extra magic damage for that hybrid damage of yours ( physical/magical & max hp true damage ).
b) Phantom Dancer - an item that focuses primarily on enhancing your auto attacks, dueling, and move speed. It is an item that literally scales in quality with your other items. You won't feel it's effect at the beginning, but once you get the 3rd item, you'll see a big improval compared to Statik's Shiv.
4) Finish up the rest 3 items, as you wish: Trinity Force ( an all-around item ), Infinity Edge ( squish-killer coupled with Phantom Dancer ), Bloodthirster ( more survivability ), Maw ( great against heavy AP assasins ), Mortal Reminder ( make sure to remind those high regening tanks who is the boss in the house ), Mercurial Scimitar ( when people have a lot of CC, grants some nice amount of lifesteal aswell ).
Favorable match-ups: ( * - contains notes on how to play vs that match-up )
- Ezreal ( all his damage is focused on skillshots, allows Vayne to scale easily to her midgame powerspike, all you have to do is sit behind minions during laning phase and just go for trades once his Q is on cooldown if you really want to punish him );
* - sit behind minions and farm safely, don't trade if there are melee minions alive, don't force a fight early on, if you see him using his Q or Q + E, you can go for a small trade then back off ( but remember, don't do this if there are enemy melee minions alive ).
- Corki ( most of his early damage relies on him hitting his Q, soo as Vayne all you have to do is save up your Tumble up untill his Phosphorous Bomb is used, afterwards you can easily trade and his every trade due to your W );
* - you can play aggresively if you feel comfortable enough, just make sure to save your Tumble for his Phosphorous Bomb, move to the sides with Tumble and most of the time you'll dodge it, as soon as he pops Gattling Gun, back off, if he uses Valkyrie to try to jump you, just condemn him back and run away, he won't be able to do anything to catch-up ).
- Ashe ( easy to fight due to her W being blocked by minions. Pay attention to her Q usage, once it's on cooldown - it's go time, bonus if she recently used W aswell, she will have no way to trade with you ).
* - ( farm safely untill she uses W for wave-clear, then go for a "fake-trade" where you force her to enable Q instantly, afterwards back off untill Q duration is over then go for a trade again, you can dodge W with minions, go for a "fake-trade" then actually trade every 15 to 20 seconds soo use these time windows to your advantage ).
Unfavorable match-ups: ( * - contains notes on how to play vs that match-up )
- Caitlyn ( the bane of Vayne's existence due to how absurdly strong she is during laning phase due to her high range, traps and damage with passive up, try to avoid this match-up at all costs or you will face hell );
* - don't go for last hits if it puts you in a vulnerable spot, back off as soon as you have 20-25% hp and buy a refillable potion & vamp scepter then just come back to lane, keep farming then back away, you need to spam that juicy free recall button as much as you can, after level 6, you can actually do something, untill them you're her slave.
- Lucian ( jack of all trades, master of none strikes again, he is insanely strong due to the abundanec of youmuu's + black cleaver, which makes him a literal god if played properly, he can punish you during laning phase with Q + passive double auto and back off with E before you get a chance to trade back );
* - try to use Tumble to dodge his Q, then go for a surprise trade with auto Q + auto ( procs W ) and you'll most likely win, the key trick is to avoid getting hit by his Q + passive, you can wait for him to use Q, autoattack a minion then go for the trade.
- Jhin ( insanely popular ADC right now, rather easy to win with once mastered, he strives at hitting from a high range with his Q, then following up with a root for a lot of damage and untradable damage, you will lose this laning phase every time if he has half a brain atleast, he is a pseudo-caster Caitlyn ).
* - pseudo-Caitlyn lane, avoid going for early trades, back off as soon as you're low on health, buckle up on sustain, farm safely untill your first core item, then try to get picks on him or near objectives. You should understand that being behind in this lane with no deaths is better than being behind and having a few deaths on top of that for no reason.
Supports to pair Vayne with:
- Morgana ( allows you to have a CC shield, which makes you pretty strong during mid to late game, by being immune to CC, aswell she has a pretty decent laning phase and can make up for yours );
- Janna ( the legendary shield-bot, she is the ultimate protect the ADC support, can make your laning phase much easier and if played properly can even easily punish over zealous enemies );
- Nami ( lots of synergy together, she can buff you up pretty good with her passive & slow, which allows you to catch enemies rather easily, on top of that she has great CC & sustain to make your laning phase easy).
How to play versus Vayne:
Vayne doesn't show off in the early game, that is why you need to keep up in mind a few things, regardless of who you're playing to easily beat unexperienced Vayne player:
- she has a very low range, keep that in mind when you're playing someone with a higher ranged and spam those autoattacks during laning phase;
- her kit is destined to be a duelist, not a laning phase beast, that's why, regardless of what ADC you pick, most of the time, your abilities with be much more useful early on, soo try to keep that in mind;
- she needs time to build-up and reach her powerspikes, that's why you need to punish her as hard as you can on lane, go ham on her, don't allow her to get free backs when low on health, keep her as much as you can on lane with low health to easily punish her when she goes for last hits;
- after leaving laning phase, always carry a pink ward in your beloved inventory ( the more, the merrier ), you'll need them to counter her stealth mechanics;
- don't send a tank / split-pusher to deal with her alone, she excels in 1v1 fights, try to gang-up on her if she is spliting alone;
- understand that her role in a teamfight is to rip to shreds your frontline who will try to keep her back then advance to the rest, soo don't let your tank sit on her alone, he won't do much, either assist him or ask him to stay with you.
That is all folks, I hope you enjoyed the read. If you are looking for a more in-depth guide with over 10 times the length, several full-length gameplay videos with Challenger Commentary, check out our paid Vayne guide. Good luck on the Summoner's Rift, the Final Hour is here!
you need to Login
to post a comment